- Admission Alert
- Alphabetically Order
- Annamalai University 2010
- Anna University
- Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University
- BABA GHULAM SHAH BADSHAH UNIVERSITY
- Delhi University
- HP University
- IP University
- Jamia Millia Islamia University
- Kamraj Madurai University
- Kurukshetra University- KU
- Maharshi Dayanand University- MDU
- Mumbai University
- National Law university
- Punjab Technical University- PTU
- Sikkim Manipal- SMU
- State Wise Univeristy of India
- State wise University
- Open University in India
- Alphabetically Order
- Education Loan
- Study Abroad
- BEd Colleges in India
- Law Colleges in India
- MBA Colleges in India
- Agriculture Colleges in India
- Architecture Colleges in India
- Ayurvedic Colleges in India
- Dentel Colleges in India
- Engineering Colleges in India
- Medical Colleges in india
- Nursing Colleges in India
- State wise college in India
- Biotechnology Colleges/university in India
- List of colleges in Mumbai
- Question Paper
- IGNOU- Question Paper for all Subjects
- IGNOU Solved Assignment
- IP University- Question Paper for all subjects
- PTU Question Paper
- TNOU Assignment
- TNOU Question Paper
- Delhi University Question Papers
- Guru Jhambeshwar University Question Paper
- MDU QuestionPapers
- Mock Test
- Live Chat
UG–412- COMPUTER FUNDAMENTALS AND PC SOFTWARE
U.G. DEGREE EXAMINATION –
(AY 2004-05 onwards)
COMPUTER FUNDAMENTALS AND PC SOFTWARE
Time : 3 hours Maximum marks : 60/75
Answer for 5 marks question should not exceed
Answer for 10 marks questions should not exceed
PART A — (4 ´ 5 = 20/5 ´ 5 = 25 marks)
Candidates with enrolment number starting with A4BCA and C5BCA should answer any FOUR from the questions 1 to 6 and all others should answer any FIVE from the questions 1 to 7 in part A.
What is meant by system software? Explain briefly.
What are the hidden files of DOS? Discuss.
Distinguish between Simplex, Half Duplex and Full Duplex Communication.
Name any two antivirus softwares and compare their features.
What are the secondary storage devices? Explain briefly.
What is the use of folders? Explain with an example.
Write short notes on formatting text in word files.
PART B — (4 ´ 10 = 40/5 ´ 10 = 50 marks)
Candidates with enrolment number starting with A4BCA and C5BCA should answer any FOUR from the questions 8 to 13 and all others should answer any FIVE from the questions 8 to 14 in part B.
Explain the main components of a computer system with a diagram.
Explain in detail the memory hierarchy.
What is cryptography? Explain.
Bring out some of the techniques used by the intruders to break the password.
Discuss the important features of MS-Word.
Explain how to protect an Excel file by giving a password using the available options.
Highlight the features of Microsoft Power Point.