- Admission Alert
- Alphabetically Order
- Annamalai University 2010
- Anna University
- Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University
- BABA GHULAM SHAH BADSHAH UNIVERSITY
- Delhi University
- HP University
- IP University
- Jamia Millia Islamia University
- Kamraj Madurai University
- Kurukshetra University- KU
- Maharshi Dayanand University- MDU
- Mumbai University
- National Law university
- Punjab Technical University- PTU
- Sikkim Manipal- SMU
- State Wise Univeristy of India
- State wise University
- Open University in India
- Alphabetically Order
- Education Loan
- Study Abroad
- BEd Colleges in India
- Law Colleges in India
- MBA Colleges in India
- Agriculture Colleges in India
- Architecture Colleges in India
- Ayurvedic Colleges in India
- Dentel Colleges in India
- Engineering Colleges in India
- Medical Colleges in india
- Nursing Colleges in India
- State wise college in India
- Biotechnology Colleges/university in India
- List of colleges in Mumbai
- Question Paper
- IGNOU- Question Paper for all Subjects
- IGNOU Solved Assignment
- IP University- Question Paper for all subjects
- PTU Question Paper
- TNOU Assignment
- TNOU Question Paper
- Delhi University Question Papers
- Guru Jhambeshwar University Question Paper
- MDU QuestionPapers
- Mock Test
- Live Chat
Pune University mass communication
Department of Communication and Journalism (University of Pune)
The Department of Communication and Journalism - Pune University, is one of the oldest departments of Journalism in the country imparting quality journalism and mass communication education to the students. The department was established in 1964. Initially a two-year, part-time diploma course in Journalism was introduced on 5th February 1964. In subsequent years the department started offering various degree and diploma level courses to students.
At present, the department is offering the following programs:
* MA (Mass Communication and Journalism)
* Diploma in Journalism (English Medium)
* Diploma in Journalism(Marathi Medium)
* Diploma in Technical Communication
* Certificate Course in Book Editing and Publishing
For Master and Diploma programs, the department conducts entrance examination which is usually held in the month of July. Candidates with Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline are eligible to apply.
Rules for Entrance Test
Separate entrance tests are conducted for admission to particular courses. One can appear for entrance test for maximum two courses as per the following details:
* Candidates planning to write answers in Marathi can apply for M.A. (M.C.J.) and Diploma in Journalism (Marathi Medium) ONLY and candidates willing to write answers in English can apply for M.A. (M.C.J.) and Diploma in Journalism (English Medium) ONLY.
Candidates will have to fill in the application forms online twice, separately for the two courses they wish to apply for. As such they will have to pay the Aptitude Test fee TWICE by two separate demand drafts.
* Candidates will get two separate seat numbers (which are arranged course-wise) and two hall tickets. The candidate may appear for Written Examination on any of the two seat numbers. However it will be the candidate's duty to inform the Department's staff about his other seat number so that he is marked present for the same.
* If short listed for Personal Interview and DTP after the Written Test for both the courses, the candidate will have to appear for DTP test only ONCE but appear for Personal Interview TWICE as per the schedule that will be announced by the department after the Written Examination.
* If a candidate is short listed for Personal Interview and DTP after the Written Test only for one of the courses he/she applies for, thereafter he/she will be considered for admission to only that course.
There will be an aptitude test or Entrance for admission to each course of the department. It includes a written exam and an interview by a panel of three experts. The written test consists of Current Affairs, General Knowledge and Language skills. In addition, there will be a test in DTP (MS Word, PageMaker, English typing/Marathi typing etc.)
The written test of 100 marks is to find out writing skills of the candidates, their general knowledge, and awareness about print, electronic and online journalism and curiosity about current affairs.
Candidates are advised to make special efforts to improve their writing skills. The department expects the candidates to have the ability to write simple and grammatically correct English or Marathi.
Written Test (for 100 marks): The question paper for the written test for all the three courses may be the same or different. It will be in English and Marathi. The candidate has to answer the questions only in one language (English or Marathi).
Interview (for 25 marks): The short listed candidates after the written test have to undergo a Personal Interview and DTP test. The panel of three experts will judge student's awareness about current affairs, general knowledge, student's all over personality, knowledge of his surroundings (politics, culture, geography, society, social issues of his region) etc.
DTP Test (for 25 marks): A computer test on MS Word, PageMaker, Photoshop, English typing/Marathi typing etc. is conducted to measure candidate’s computer handling skill.